Vapur co-founders, Dave Czerwinski, Jason Carignan, and Brent Reinke, were in Salt Lake City, Utah to kick off Vapur’s official launch into the outdoor market at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market, January 18-22, 2012. As hoped, Vapur’s newest Anti-Bottle, the Vapur Element, was unveiled and it was a showstopper! Retailers and industry attendees were photographing, folding and inspecting this one-of-a-kind hydration solution as they discussed the possibilities.
The vibe at the booth was the perfect blend of anticipation, excitement, and curiosity from retailers, fellow exhibitors, sales reps, consumers, and the media. Hundreds of people stopped by the booth. Some to inquire as to who we were, some to welcome us to the show, and others to get their hands on the Element for the first time. Many people mentioned that they had seen the Vapur in use around the show, while others mentioned reading the launch press release or noticing the Element, among other notable gear, in a show preview. No matter how the news traveled, it traveled fast!
The highlight of the show was certainly the launch party Saturday where the booth was packed to capacity to enjoy happy hour, get Vapur samples, enter the raffle and kick back after a long day with DJ Knucklz spinning popular tunes. Some great energy and excitement around Vapur before packing up to head home and get prepared to launch the Element.
If you know Vapur, you know that we are the maker of the Anti-Bottle; a foldable, reusable, freezable, washable, and attachable alternative to disposable water bottles. The all-new Element is the first Anti-Bottle available in larger sizes (.7L and 1L), designed to meet the greater hydration demands of athletes and all those living an active outdoor lifestyle. Additionally, the Element is equipped with a new widemouth SuperCap™ for greater gulp-ability and a stronger, integrated attachment clip that allows the Element to hang on during high adventure and in variable terrain. From urban use to multi-season use in the great outdoors, the Element is proof of next-level innovation in outdoor water bottles.
- MSRP: $11.99/.7L $13.99/1L
- Widemouth integrated SuperCap
- Freezable, Attachable, Reusable, Foldable
- Integrated stronger attachment clip
- Anti-microbial lining
- Dishwasher safe, freezable
- Made in the USA
- BPA Free
- 3-ply construction
- 3 designs available: Water, Fire, Wind
- Patented shape is lighter and more flexible than rigid bottles, which also allows for easier grip
Highlights of the show:
• Meeting new people, especially outdoor retailers, from all over the world
• Sharing the Vapur story with dozens of media from outlets like: Outside Magazine, Backpacker, Gear Junkie, Women’s Adventure, The Gear Institute, Elevation Outdoors, and others!
• Waking up to Vapur being featured in a “New Exhibitor” article and “Product Gallery” feature of the Element in the OR Daily paper.
• Being announced as a new member of the Conservation Alliance at the CA Industry Breakfast on Friday morning.
• Handing out samples of the new Element and raffling off two TERN foldable bikes during our Element launch party, featuring Salt Lake’s very own DJ Knucklz, live!
• Checking out the innovative new gear by our outdoor industry peers and giving kudos to our favorites
• Attending a free Michael Franti concert!
We couldn’t have had a more successful or fun experience at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market 2012. We are thankful for the warm reception we received into the outdoor community, and cannot wait to see everyone at Outdoor Retailer Summer Market in a few months!
For more info on where and when the Vapur Element hits stores, sign-up to be notified from our Facebook page.